We are Pie Pan Inc., a family of restaurants in Downtown Durham. We own Bull City Burger and Brewery, Pompieri Pizza, and will be opening Bull City Solera and Taproom within the next several months. We are seeking two Sous Chefs (second in command to the Chef, not a line cook) to join our family and culinary team! You will thrive in a fast-paced, from-scratch environment, and dedicate time to expanding our clientele base to establish the restaurant's brand and reputation while assisting the chef to lead the team. We work with local farms and make everything in house... everything.
• Oversee day-to-day culinary operations and creations
• Coordinate food ordering
• Check freshness and quality of ingredients
• Assist in the development of menu items
• Standardize recipes and plate presentations
• Work with management to create a memorable experience for guests
• Assist with managing kitchen staff
• At least 1 year of management experience in a professional kitchen
• At least 2 years of experience cooking in a professional kitchen
• Previous experience in culinary arts, cooking, or other related fields
• Knowledge of cost and labor systems
• Passion for food and cooking techniques
• Strong leadership qualities
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Bi-lingual Spanish is a help, but not required.
ABOUT THE JOB:
You will work between around 45-50 hours per week barring someone calling out sick or working a special event, and you will have two days off per week most weeks. The position requires flexibility for nights, weekends and holidays. You will help to manage, direct and positively reinforce a kitchen crew. Joining Pie Pan is like joining a family. We work hard, we laugh, we cry, we fight, we make up, and we have fun together. As a certified B Corp our priorities are People, Planet, then Profit. The people in our company are what makes us great. We want over achievers, over-whelmers and people who thrive on doing a great job to make people happy. Experience working in a scratch kitchen is a plus. Knife skills and cleanliness are paramount. Most importantly, you can grow with us in the job and in the future as we are working on more projects down the road. Join the family today.
Downtown Durham, North Carolina
To apply please email a résumé or us the link below.
Eat Pasture-Raised Beef and Drink Freshly Brewed Beer!
107 E. Parrish St. #105, Durham, NC 27701
Hours of Operation:
CURBSIDE PICKUP ONLY
Open Monday-Thursday 5 PM to 9 PM
Friday and Saturday 11:11 AM to 10 PM
Sunday 11:11 AM to 9 PM